Monday, July 05, 2004

Good things come to those who wait...

Just finishing up my St. Augustine, Florida holiday weekend. Overall, I have spend a very relaxing and enjoyable time.

I have had some time at the beach (although for some reason, I haven't done any sunrise beach combing this trip), took over the barbeque chores for 8 hungry folks, got some pool time in and may go home by adding a house to the portfolio.

Funny, when I headed down here, I thought that we might end up purchasing a house down here. Prices have gone up dramatically here, but I can still see the investment opportunity.

But the house we may end up with is a friend of the person we are staying with. They are about to go bankrupt and have a great house they are giving up on that is located close to me. So, I will take a quick drive up to see it once I am home, but if all holds well, this could be a very profitable deal indeed.

I have definitely taken it easy each morning as I am always the first up. I have headed over to Starbucks, bought a paper and just truly enjoyed the morning drinking, reading and watching folks.

St. Augustine is truly a beach town and it is very interesting to me at least to see the different folks there. You have your long time locals who dress very casually and have the sun tan to go with it, the "northerners" who actually get dressed up (at least for the area) and have make up on to head down to the store, the athletic types who have literally ran or biked down to get a cup of coffee and the families who come in a variety of states of disarray.

The weather has been a mixture of rain interspersed with solid sunshine. I thought the fireworks was going to get rained out, but that was not to be. It literally rained up to about 20-30 minutes before the display went off. You couldn't have asked for better timing.

The plan was to get up and go out to breakfast at 8 and then head back to Georgia around 10. We always go to this restaurant that is literally on the beach when we are here. They serve good food, but the real attraction is that you can feel the sea breeze come across you as you eat. On the other hand, it is 7:45 and I am the only one up. So getting a head start back to Georgia (it is about an 8 hour journey) is not likely to happen.

On the third hand (lol), it is the time frame that I set for everyone and they are not required to follow it. All goods things come to those who wait.

While I am waiting...

And remember...comments are a GOOD thing :)

TTFN.226

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home