Tuesday, June 15, 2004

I am not perfect...

I received an email from the same person who was mad at me a few days back telling me what a hypocrite (is that spelled right??) I am.

If my prior blogs rants and this current blog's rambling have proved anything, it is that I am not without fault. I will admit that I probably didn't handle the situation mentioned in "I didn't promise a rose garden" as well as it should.

On the other hand, I didn't ask, prod, or otherwise induce her in the decisions she made. In fact, when I told her that she needed time to sort herself/situation out, I don't think she understood where I was coming from.

Have I made relationship mistakes in the past? Without a doubt! Will I make them in the future? I suspect that I will, just hopefully not as many. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am still evolving/learning when in comes to relationships in general and women in particular. That being said, I have never been confident in my relationships with women. I do have great woman friends like Nat, Shirley and Pamela among others, when it goes past that, I admit...I am lost.

So if I have hurt folks in the past, I do apologize. I don't always get it right. (I want to and that should count for something).

So in this case, I am in a bit of a quandry. Do I just leave the situation go and this person will hope I die a slow agonizing death? Or do I try to communicate with her, tell her where I was, where I am and that I never meant to hurt her feelings?

TTFN.226

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not even human.

June 16, 2004 at 11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound like a very caring, emotional human being to me. You don't want to lead this person on and so you choose to end the relationship so she can move on to a person out there who will want to hear her utter the "L" word. We don't always fall in Love with someone just because they love us. And it's tough when that happens, but that's life also. I think it admirable that you haven't just dropped this person cold but seem to have made an effort to let her down easily. It shows that you are not "inhuman" or even "cold". It shows that you care...you just don't "Care" about her the same way she does about you. You're a good person...keep up the good work!

July 25, 2006 at 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home