Thursday, June 17, 2004

Yesterday was the type of day that had a little bit of everything in it...


  • Excercise - I got the yard mowed before it rained. Doesn't sound like much, but with the size of the yard and the way the grass has been growing, it was good to get it out of the way.

  • Went to the bookstore...always something that I enjoy. Bought a book for Dr. Rick who just had a jet ski accident that could have been alot worse than it was. I love to browse the books, spending some time in the real estate section, bigraphies, business mags, and of course the bargain books. I forced myself to just buy 1 magazine for me (something I can read on the flight out to California) and then the book for Rick. I just bought 6 books last week at the buck-a-book sale at the church and so I need to restrain myself.

  • Since I got a new computer last week, my scanner won't work on XP :( So, since I had to make a few copies, I decided to do it at Office Depot. Besides, I could start to price out a new scanner, so my trip was doubly productive. I love to go there and look at the sale section. And of course I did find something that I "needed" on sale :) woohoo! (I get a little worried when I get into a "spending" mode. It seems like I spent money like running water. For example, I want to buy a new cell phone (I really "deserve" a new one...although mine orignially went for $500, it is still 3 years old!) and the phone I am looking at if $350 on sale. Yikes!

  • Went to see Dr. Rick at the hospital. He looked worse than when I got into my motorcycle accident on New Years. His eye is blackened all over, stiches on his eyebrow, busted ribs and punctured lung. I think he appreciated me visiting for a short while and I know he will enjoy the book (Lance Armstrong's Every Second Counts)

  • I ended up the day by having dinner with Nat. It was great to see here. We talked about a variety of topics related to work and her upcoming house purchase. I am sooooo happy for her. She deserves it!


Gotta go for now. I am gathering up all of my stuff to have my taxes done tomorrow. Oh joy! Actually, it is. I am expecting a sizeable (read new house investment) return this year.

TTFN.226

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home