Saturday, June 12, 2004

I never promised a rose garden….

Got an email over the weekend from what some would call a “close” acquaintance. And to say the least, she is less than happy with me. Why? For the simple reason that I didn’t personally inform her of my upcoming departure in advance.

Some might argue the logic that I took in this decision, because it was deliberate for sure. Suffice to say that this person really couldn’t deal that well with reality of my leaving. She had a crush on me as it was. There was not a comfortable or kind way for me to approach her with my situation. When I did indicate that I was thinking about moving on, the resultant conversation was never very fun.

To me at least, it was obvious almost from the beginning that this person had a lot more invested in me than I ever dreamed. Which always left me feeling a little uncomfortable. I mean anytime someone throws out the “L” word, I not only get nervous, but tend to back off. Perhaps I could have handled this better, but I don’t this so.

Ultimately, I don’t feel bad. I have tried to be honest and tell this person that they need to sort their own life out. The thing is that I don’t think she ever heard that. Is she in a not so great situation? Yes! Did I create that? Absolutely not!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 15, 2004 at 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home