Tuesday, June 08, 2004

I think this Venus transiting the Sun just cost me $$$$

It doesn't pay to be a nice guy. Julie (the household astronomer) wanted to get up early (even for me) at 1 AM to see Venus transiting (which is just a fancy word for elcipse) the Sun live from Athens. While I want to be supportive, I also don't want to wake up that morning for something that I find only briefly interesting. But I do want to support her, so I agree to get up at 4 AM and drive the hour to the planterium with her.

My inclination was correct to begin with. The college where the planterium is had their usual technological problems and didn't get the feed live. As a result, we watched the recorded version with everyone else when we got there about 4:45. We did see the last part live at about 7 and I had done my supportive duties.

I agreed to go to breakfast before heading home. Breakfast went well, but when we got out, the car just wouldn't start. We haven't really had any problems with it (I think it is the fuel pump), but ended up having it towed to the dealership. The bill hasn't come in yet, but this dealership has never sent the car home with less than $200 in repairs.

The only upside I see to all of this was that I was home to handle the situation and Julie didn't have to call me with a problem (something admittedly, I need to work on handling better)

Saw (Nat's new blog and like it. I only wish she would write more often. It is exicting to see her and her husband find a new (first) house to buy and live in.

Enough for now. Work has to be caught up now that most of the morning was done in by the car.

TTFN.226

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home