Friday, June 04, 2004

And are my arms tired...

While I have posted some "water" pictures from the cruise, real life had me helping to clean swimming pools yesterday. And I have to say, my arms are dead. The scrubbing, brushing, sweeping and pulling a cover with water on top of it wore me out.

But it was good to get out and get a little bit of sun. Something that I didn't get much of on the cruise.

And last night was the first night since before I quit that I started back into the real estate biz again. I let a great property slip right through my fingers because I was too busy fussing with ending work and looking forward to vacation. A woman at my church has a daughter who was behind on her payments and her house needed work. Had I been acting/focusing better, that would have been a quick $20,000 right there.

So now, I am focused (after all, how many $20K paychecks can I pass up???)

I started to do some preliminary searches and will put up about 30-40 "I Buy Houses" signs this weekend.

Spoke to my friend Rick out in California yesterday and it was great. After a little good natured ribbing about my lack of communication, we quickly got caught up. I am going to go out there in a few weeks to visit. It has probably been 1.5 years since I have seen him and it will be alot of fun.

I also need to call my Dad. Somehow, lately, he makes me feel guilty. Maybe, because I have done a little bit better than him recently. I know he would like to be more like me in my ability to see opportunities and act upon them. Even with the guilt, I do understand that he is the only father I will have. It has just been a strain to talk to him over the last 3 months for sure and dating back to Thanksgiving. Nevertheless, perhaps I can have the same outcome with him that I had with Rick.

BTW - I did appreciate the comments.

TTFN.226

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post!

I did a search for cheapest gas and found this site. I have put together an ebook I have titled, "Huge Gas Pump Savings."

Dave
http://www.huge-gas-pump-savings.com/

November 10, 2005 at 2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home