Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Memorial Day Recap

This was the funnest M-Day I have had in quite awhile. Some of the more notable Memorial Days have been:


  • Going camping only to have torrential rains literally wash us out.
  • Being in Hawaii for 10 days, flat on my back sick for 6


We had a bunch of folks over and I barbequed. I used to be a decent griller, but last year Julie got me a gas grill and I hadn't got the hang of it till now.

Talk about your karma...I was waiting for Julie to head out to the movies on Friday. That can be awhile, so I flipped on the TV and there was this guy talking about barbequeing tips. He had some pretty interesting ideas and of course had a book that you could get over the net. When we were done at the movies and stopped off to pick up some groceries, the same book was on the counter, but at 35% off. I wasn't going to buy it (I am cheap in my old age), but Julie did.

So, Memorial Day had me making pita chips, corn on the cob, 3 types of chicken and fire roasted apples. Everything turned out great and I had alot of fun. We all talked about renting a pontoon boat for te 4th of July.

But I guess the best part was that I wasn't have to dash off to the airport to catch a plane. Cruise pics are in and I will post them later.

TTFN.226

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home